BOOK TOUR TO CENTRAL KANSAS - APRIL 19TH - 30TH
1. WEEK #1 - 18 daytime visits to Salina Public Schools : Oakdale, Cottonwood, Meadowlark, Stewart, Lakewood, Huesner, Coronado, South Middle, Sunset & Schilling
Sara Gault (organizer of the Book Tour) and I at Schilling Elementary School
Talking to students at Schilling Elementary School
Samuel, the boy I "chose from the Orphan Train" during my presentation at South Middle School
2. Monday, April 19th @ 7:15 pm - Presentation and book signing @ EAGLECREST RETIREMENT CENTER, 1501 E. Magnolia Rd. Salina, KS Call 785-309-1501 (Regina) for more info.
Speaking with residents of Eaglecrest Retirement Center
Booksigning at Eaglecrest
3. Wednesday April 21st @ 4:00 pm - Presentation and book signing @ SALINA PUBLIC LIBRARY, 302 W. Elm Street, Salina, KS Call 785-825-4624 for info.
4. Wednesday April 21st 6:00 pm - Kansas Wesleyan University, 100 E. Claflin Ave. Salina, KS
5. Saturday, April 24th - Presentation and book signing for Fundraiser @ NATIONAL ORPHAN TRAIN COMPLEX, 300 Washington St., Concordia, KS - More details to follow on this event!
Me with members of the Gish Family - William Gish chose Edward from the orphan train in Mankato Kansas in Fly Little Bird, Fly!
Brunch at the Huckleberry Tea Room after my presentation at the Orphan Train Complex
6. Monday, April 26th - Presentation and book signing @ Concordia Elementary School, Concordia, KS
7. Tuesday, April 27th - Presentation and book signing @ Southeast of Saline School, Gypsum, KS - 10:00 am
Southeast of Saline Elementary School presentation - loved the big screen & the audio was superb!
Speaking with 3rd, 4th & 5th graders @ Southeast of Saline Elem. School in Gypsum, KS
8. Tuesday, April 27th - Presentation and book signing @ Soderstrom Elementary School, Lindsborg, KS - 2:00 pm
9. Wednesday, April 28th - Presentation and book signing @ St. Mary's Grade School, Salina, KS